If enough people pledge to vote we'll have the leverage we need
to put our crowdsourced plan into law.
What we're voting for:
- Get a Warrant: Completely repeal Bill C-51, and forbid the government from spying on the private communications and activities of law-abiding residents of Canada, whether domestically or through international partners, without a warrant issued by an open court.
- End Mass Surveillance: Put an end to blanket surveillance and the bulk collection of metadata.
- Embrace Accountability: Stronger oversight for government spy agencies, and increased transparency for government surveillance activities.
- Boost Choice: Open up our networks by creating fair rules that ensure Canadians enjoy unrestrained choice from more affordable independent Internet providers.
- Expand Access: Follow the lead of countries like Australia and devote significant investments to ensure faster, cheaper next-generation Internet services across the country.
- Promote Innovation: Embrace citizen-based oversight of telecom networks to ensure net neutrality (Internet openness) rules prevail on all platforms.
- Respect Creators: Protect the public domain and empower creators of all types to remix, reuse, and recycle content into new works.
- Prioritize Free Expression: Copyright and other digital policies should promote access to knowledge and culture, enable online commerce and prevent censorship.
- Embrace Democratic Processes: Copyright and other digital policies should be produced through participatory, democratic and transparent processes.